Natural Therapies Short Courses and Training Programs
Looking for a natural therapies short course program, workshop or lecture?
Browse through our Natural Therapies short course program guide. We trust you will find something in this course guide that will spark your interest - whether it is a single subject that resonates with your interests or a career-oriented program. Bookings are essential - please ensure you view the information provided.
Kingscliff Campus of TAFE has great pleasure in announcing the introduction of the Advanced Diploma of Health Science (Soft Tissue Therapy) 10052NAT to commence delivery in March 2015.
This course is nationally accredited and is one of only two courses of this type delivered in Australia.
Students will also receive accreditation in the following specialist areas as part of their course fee:
- Kinesiotaping Level 1 and Level 2
- Myofascial Dry Needling full qualification in accordance with the relevant requirements of registration bodies such as AMT and AAMT
- Qualifications in Structural Assessment and Correction in the upper and lower body in ONSEN Therapy
- Certificate of Tom Myers Fascial Slings
- Advanced Neural Assessment and Correction techniques
- Strength and Conditioning programming for common disorders
Please note that VET FEE HELP will apply to this course.
Additional details relating to the course are attached for your convenience. Further information is also available on our website
Course Outline » (PDF173kb)
CHINA BOOKS is excited to announce the return of the highly regarded Jason D. Robertson and Yefim Gamgoneishvili for 'Channel Palpation and Diagnosis: An Exploration of Classical Acupuncture Technique' 3-day workshop in 2015. Jason Robertson's much acclaimed 2011 workshop sold out and had a long waiting list. Register early to avoid disappointment!
Channel examination and palpation is an important classical diagnostic technique, the art of which has been lost through the passage of time. Emphasised in the earliest acupuncture texts (Nei Jing/Nan Jing), examination of the channels is regarded as one of the starting points for diagnosis and provides a link between channel theory and traditional Zang-fu diagnosis.This lost art has been brought back to modern practice by Dr. Wang’s teachings and introduced to the Western world through Jason Robertson’s best-selling title, ‘ Applied Channel Theory in Chinese Medicine: Wang Ju-Yi’s Lectures on Channel Therapeutics’ . Attendees will be taught the fundamental techniques of channel examination, palpation and diagnosis in this practical workshop.
Don't miss out on this insightful 3-day workshop. Day 1 & 2 Channel Palpation will be introduced and discussed in depth and techniques will be taught and practiced by the attendees with guidance from the instructors. Day 3 Advanced Clinical Strategies are discussed including acupuncture treatment style of Dr. Wang Ju-yi and live demonstrations of channel palpation and diagnosis.
Sydney: 11th - 13th April 2015
Melbourne: 17th - 19th April 2015
Sydney: To Be Announced
Melbourne: Australian Shiatsu College
Workshop Details and Registration » (PDF173kb)
Appendicular Imbalances & Corrections - Assessing and correcting sporting or work injuries that affect the limbs
Axial Imbalances & Corrections - Assessing and correcting spinal imbalances
Head / Selected Organ Imbalances and Corrections - Assessing and correcting various Head and selected organ Imbalances
Functional assessment - Diagnosing mechanical disorders using muscle, orthopaedic and ROM tests
Pelvic corrections - Assessing and correcting critical imbalances around the pelvic girdle
For further information please click on this link to bring you to the appropriate page on our website: http://aoit.com.au/cpe-recognised-training-hands-on-body-therapy-workshops
Contact us via email at email@example.com or at (07) 3172 7761.
Appendicular Imbalances & Corrections » (PDF541kb)
Axial Imbalances & Corrections » (PDF543kb)
Head / Selected Organ Imbalances and Corrections » (PDF441kb)
Functional assessment » (PDF603kb)
Pelvic corrections » (PDF597kb)
Dates for our 2015 workshops in Australia
Melbourne-30/31 May, 2015
Gold Coast- 27/28 June, 2015
Adelaide- 11/12 July, 2015
Newcastle – 8/9 August, 2015
This CPE accredited two day seminar has been presented to more than 600 therapists in 11 different countries and in every case it has been enthusiastically endorsed by those who participated. The workshop will cover-
- Underlying principle, basic and advanced theory
- Holistic assessment techniques
- Procedures to influence the “central axis”
- Procedures to influence the Pelvis
- How to provide a “targeted” Bowen treatment
- Practical demonstrations on volunteer patients
We guarantee this workshop will change the way you practice the Bowen Technique!
This workshop is useful whether you work with couples or individuals. It will demonstrate the use of movement, the body and non-verbal creative processes in Relationship Therapy to extend and enhance verbal therapy.
Ever sat with a couple and found that talking about their issues does not result in sustained change? Even when they have good insight into their own or the other’s behaviour, they can’t change what they do and nothing improves. Over the last decade, neurobiological research has shown that ‘unwanted patterns of acting’ can become hard-wired in the brain. Therapists can learn to transform these patterns by stimulating both affect (mood) and cognition (thinking). Techniques that utilise movement and the body are known to help.
Participants will learn:
- safe and respectful ways of dealing with the body, movement and art in Relationship Therapy
- interventions to help clients gain a sense of empathy for their partner that is both cognitive (known on a thought level) and embodied (known on a felt ‘whole mind’ level)
- techniques that help clients develop an experiential sense (through feeling, thinking and acting) of how they become trapped in repeated unwanted patterns of interaction
- exercises that address and explore issues of sexuality and territory
- ways of exploring the values and qualities clients need in a relationship
- skills and exercises that help clients experience issues symbolically. This takes the pressure off the problem/s and allows couples to play with creating something together, negotiate conflicts and deal with third parties.
Christine Bolstad is a Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years experience using creative processes in therapy. Her professional development has included a period of special training in movement and action techniques under the guidance of Dr Bermudez in Europe. She has helped both clients and fellow professionals in the fields of relationships, family issues and interpersonal violence, trauma, anxiety and depression. Christine is eager to assist other helping professionals interested in learning these skills and applying them in their own practice. Christine practises at the Inner West Therapy Centre in Sydney.
Numbers are restricted to ensure maximum benefit to participants.
To register or for more information, please contact Christine on 9569 7433 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geovital Academy 2.5 Day Workshop. Held in Melbourne with discounts for interstate students.
Geovital Academy is a Naturopathic Clinic in Sulzberg, Austria, which teaches doctors, therapists, architects, builders and anyone else interested how to conduct their style of home assessment and be able to consult on healthier radiation free living and building. Exposure to domestic radiation from sources like mobile phone towers, internal wiring, smart meters, cordless technology, power supply cables and excesses of natural radiation (Geopathic Stress) is an underestimate health burden (see research ). Geovital was prompted decades ago to investigate and develop solutions for this in order to move patients through therapy resistance and past chronic complaints. (see videos )
You can learn how to conduct these assessments for your own use, to complement what you already do as a health professional, or as a stand-alone business. If you choose to work with us, your local Geovital office will support you with more in depth knowledge where needed, supply the shielding solutions you recommended and the back up support directly to your clients. We can talk to your client’s electrician and trades people when needed so you don’t have to. You remain the consultant, charge whatever is fair for your time and receive a share of the profits on the products used.
AU$675 incl GST. Included manual, assessment tools for Geopathic Stress and transport for field trips. Well priced accommodation is available onsite and nearby.
Discounts (may change in near future):
Those travelling from further than 150Km away receive $75 worth of credit to use on Geovital shielding solutions. Those travelling from interstate receive an ADDITIONAL $100 credit. (Yes, $175 in total) See website for course and discount details.
Prof. Ivan Engler Dr. med. univ.,PhD : "Geopathic Zones…over time they weaken even the immune system. With almost all of my (roughly 300) patients with a cancerous disease, their bed was placed for years on an energetically unfavorable place in a Geopathic Zone."
More information: www.geovital.com.au/seminars.html
Patrick van der Burght, Geovital Academy Australia / New Zealand
0407 680 812 or 03-9020 1330.
Would you like to help your clients in a special way by treating emotional / attitudinal disharmony, that causes much stress? Dr Bach believed that conflict between the spiritual and mental aspects of the personality saps the body’s vital power, leaving it open to the inroads of disease. There are 38 Remedies plus Rescue Remedy in the Dr Bach System to treat the personality types he identified. His principle was: Treat The Patient Not The Disease.
By doing the Dr Bach Correspondence Course your lessons are done in the convenience of your own home, and they are supervised individually. You are taught how to use the System at the professional level.
The Correspondence Course Notes cover each of the 38 Remedies in detail, to ascertain which Remedies are required by the client, along with the knowledge of how to make up the personal prescription for the client. The Remedies can also be applied to animals and plants.
There are Six Mailings, each taking approximately 6 - 8 weeks to complete. Assessment is done by satisfactorily completing the Questionnaire for each Mailing, which leads to the awarding of the Certificate of Achievement on completion.
CPE points are based on one point per hour of study.
Payment Plan for ANTA Members
$324.00 plus postage, full payment for the Six Mailings (10% discount)
$60.00 plus postage, per Mailing as you proceed.
Two books are essential reading for the Course $44.00
Where To Apply
Margaret Gippel – Administrator (02) 9153 7951
Online CPE — Any Time Any WHERE
We provide quality evidence based courses in a very convenient and cost effective format, giving the therapist a scientific understanding to back up their work
SHORT COURSES - 5 CPE Hrs Each
- The Shoulder Guided Study Workshop
- Understanding Fibromyalgia Guided Study Workshop
A new program of short courses is offered every term, four times a year. Our short courses are an ideal way of giving your career a boost; helping you to acquire new skills to use for employment, self-employment or purely for personal interest and enjoyment.
- Introduction to aromatherapy - 1 day (9am-5pm)
- Positional release - 2 days (9am-5pm)
- Advanced chair massage - 1 day (9am-5pm)
- Stone therapy massage - 2 days (9am-5pm)
- MLD- Full body - 2days (9am-5pm)
- MLD – redirection - 2 days (9am-5pm)
A Program for Health Professionals and others interested in Women’s Health
A 2 day Billings Ovulation Method® Teacher Training Course has been organised for VICTORIA.
BILLINGS OVULATION METHOD® TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Attendance at this Teacher Training Course will enable the participants to give information on the Billings Ovulation Method® to women and couples who wish to conceive as well as those wishing to use a natural method to avoid pregnancy.
Recognition of the signs of fertility and infertility allows a woman to monitor her reproductive health. The woman who knows her own mucus patterns will be alerted early to any abnormality which requires medical management.
Once learned the Billings Ovulation Method® can be applied to all variations throughout a woman’s reproductive life:
- regular cycles
- irregular cycles
- anovular bleeding
- effects of stress
- after childbirth or miscarriage
- while breastfeeding
- approaching menopause
- low fertility
Date: Friday 1st May & Saturday 2nd May 2015.
Time: 9.30am - 5pm. (Lunch provided).
Venue: Billings LIFE, 2A/ 303 Burwood Highway
East Burwood VIC 3151
Call: 1800 335 860 or fax/post your completed
registration form with payment to:
2A/303 Burwood Highway
East Burwood Vic 3151
Fax: 03 9887 8572
For further information visit: www.thebillingsovulationmethod.org
Training Details and Registration » (PDF754kb)
The Australian College
of Eastern Medicine
Facial Rejuvenation Dry Needling (FRDN is a treatment technique, which uses very fine filiform needles that will relax the facial muscles and reduce frowns and wrinkles in a gentle pain free way. This therapy can also enhance the skin tone as well as improve peripheral and lymphatic circulation. This greatly assists in reversing the effects of aging on the face and neck. Laser therapy training as well as facial massage training is included in this seminar. This course is available to complimentary therapists and beauty therapists including:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Shiatsu Practitioners
- Beauty Therapists
THIS SEMINAR IS ACCREDITED BY ANTA ATTENDEES WILL OBTAIN 14 CPE POINTS
When: Feb 17th and 18th
Where: Centre Peace Wellness Studio
1/1 Gumtree Dr Goonellabah
Cost: $780 ($680 if paid before July 31st)
The Australian College
of Eastern Medicine
Neuro Muscular Dry Needling (NMDN is a treatment technique, which uses small filiform needles to release tight muscles with the goal of permanently reducing muscle pain and dysfunction. This technique can effectively treat acute and chronic orthopedic and musculoskeletal conditions. NMDN can help you more efficiently treat your patients, improve your outcomes and save your aching hands.
This course is available to suitably qualified complimentary therapists including:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Shiatsu Therapists
Level 1 NMDN
An introductory course designed to provide the necessary training required to apply Neuromuscular Dry Needling for chronic and acute neuromuscular disorders.
Special emphasis is placed on health and safety issues of using filiform needles to Trigger Points.
(20 Hours including online and face to face training) ANTA 20 CPD points).
Level 2 NMDN
More advanced Neuromuscular Dry Needling techniques including application of NMDN to the Thoracic Spinal area, Torso and the application and use electrical stimulation apparatus.
(20 Hours including online and face to face training) ANTA 20 CPD points.
Level 1 $650
Level 2 $650
May 19 - 20
May 21 - 22
Centre Peace Wellness Studio
1/1 Gumtree Dr Goonellabah
One day practical skills workshop.
This one day workshop is designed for wellness and fitness professionals who wish to learn more about coaching techniques and theory and how they can be used to build a better dynamic with their clients to deliver confidence and lasting behaviour change.
Workshop Information. In this workshop, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of evidence-based psychological theories that can turn fitness training into fitness coaching
- Discover how providing advice alone is not enough to create lasting change
- Learn how to use principles of positive psychology to build client confidence and success
- Increase client awareness and promote self responsiblity for their health and wellness through cognitive and behaviour change
- Help clients plan their change process and overcome barriers that stand in the way
- Develop active listening and communication skills that will build trust and rapport with your clients
- Increase understanding of goal setting that helps clients commit to their program while taking small successful steps towards desired outcome
- Available as an 8 hour online course or via our 1 day workshop worth 8 ANTA CPE’s.
Pulse on Anatomy consists of a variety of short modules in gross anatomy and imaging anatomy. Modules include: (i) Neuroanatomy; (ii) Thorax; (iii) Abdomen and Pelvis; (iv) Upper Limb; (v) Lower Limb; and (vi) multiple Imaging Anatomy modules which accompany each of the preceding modules ie. Can only complete an imaging module with enrolment into one of the other modules.
Students can take one, a combination or all modules in any order. The course is registered as a QUT short-course or Continuing Professional Education course and is therefore ideal for professional societies to engage with in order to provide extended professional development opportunities.
The Pulse on Anatomy website provides comprehensive details of the main focus of each module and how the course is structured:
Each module is run across three weeks, with each session being 3 hours in length from 5.30-8.30pm. Each session will consist of:
- An initial 30-minute optional exploratory session on cadavers before formal class begins
- A 1-hour demonstration period on cadavers and models
- A 30-minute pathology case study/ surface anatomy exercise
- A 30-minute self assessment on cadavers
The course completes with a written and practical assessment and certificates of achievement will be awarded on reaching competencies.
Also note that this course is offered as both internal and external delivery – so we can cater for students who are unable to get to the Gardens Point QUT campus in rural areas or interstate as required.
Study Anywhere, Anytime.
- Beating Colds and Flu Naturally
- Preconception and Pregnancy Care
- Natural Vitality and Ageing
- Weight Loss Naturally
- Natural Stress Reduction
COMPLETE IN JUST 4 TO 7 HOURS - SAVE YOUR PROGRESS
Book online & start your 60 days access straight away!
Bookings can be made through the short course website: www.endeavourshortcourses.edu.au/courses/c/online-courses
Energy medicine is at the forefront of creating a whole new world of options and outcomes. Our workshops and courses explore and teach this new paradigm of health and wellbeing, creating new opportunities for “healing the whole person”.
No matter what your area of expertise, the Australian Bush Flower Essences courses provide exceptionally useful information that can be used in your practice, enhancing your knowledge base, complementing your existing modality, and improving your client outcomes.
Australian Bush Flower Essences has been conducting education and training in Australia, as well as over 42 countries internationally, for over 25 years. Our cutting edge curriculum contains workshops and courses from beginner level to advanced, and includes many special interest modules. All our Training and Education material is written by qualified natural therapists who have experience in flower essences and their integration into various specialty modalities and delivered by our Certified Teachers.
You can attend our live One, Two or Three day workshops in capital cities, regional centres and remote communities throughout Australia. Some of our courses are also delivered via distance education, via webinar, and across flexible time frames.
The following workshops and courses are Accredited with ANTA for CPE purposes:
- Level 1 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-1-Workshop
- Level 1 Workshop on DVD - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Level-1-Workshop-DVDs-PAL
- Level 2 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-2-Workshop
- Level 2 Workshop on DVD - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Level-2-Workshop-DVD
- Level 3 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-3-Workshop
- Graceful Ageing Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Graceful-Ageing-Workshop
- Happy Healthy Kids - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Children-Workshop
- Kinesiology and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Kinesiology-Workshop
- Masterclass - Ask Ian - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Masterclass-Ask-Ian
- Men's Health and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Mens-Health-Workshop
- Women's Wellbeing and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Womens-Wellbeing-Workshop
- Bush Essences Introductory Course / formerly College Course 16 hours Part 1 - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Introductory-Course
- Bush Essences Practitioner Skills / formerly College Course 16 hours Part 2 - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Practitioner-Skills
- ABFE College Course 24 hours - ausflowers.com.au/Other/College-Course-24-hours
- ABFE Correspondence Course - ausflowers.com.au/Products/Correspondence-Course-English
- Dowsing and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Dowsing-Workshop
- Light Frequency Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Light-Frequency-Workshop
- White Light Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/White-Light-Workshop
Our current workshop schedule for all workshops being held in capital cities and regional centres throughout Australia and overseas is available here.
Oncology Massage Training (OMT) prepares you to work with the growing number of Australians experiencing cancer. Massage does not spread cancer and OMT explains the science of cancer and cancer treatments as well as developing your skills in oncology massage.
The Course Dates page lists the programmed courses for Modules 1 to 4. Changes may be made from time to time dependant upon interest and venue availability.
OM Module Two date for Northcote from 28th - 30th August 2014
Discover the benefits of massage during pregnancy with our Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
This course will help you understand the many physiological, structural and psychological changes that occur in a woman’s body during pregnancy. You will also discover how beneficial massage is before, during and after labour. You will gain the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate therapeutic massage to your pregnant client.
Then add to your qualifications with our Diploma of Pregnancy Massage
The Diploma will help you gain a greater insight into pregnancy and why massage is a key component to maintaining good health and wellbeing during pregnancy. You will also learn exercise and relaxation techniques, how to inspire partners to be proactive in the labour, and visualisation methods to help the mother achieve a greater connection with her baby.
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 29 No. 3 | Nov 2014
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.