Natural Therapies Short Courses and Training Programs
Looking for a natural therapies short course program, workshop or lecture?
Browse through our Natural Therapies short course program guide. We trust you will find something in this course guide that will spark your interest - whether it is a single subject that resonates with your interests or a career-oriented program. Bookings are essential - please ensure you view the information provided.
Appendicular Imbalances & Corrections - Assessing and correcting sporting or work injuries that affect the limbs
Axial Imbalances & Corrections - Assessing and correcting spinal imbalances
Head / Selected Organ Imbalances and Corrections - Assessing and correcting various Head and selected organ Imbalances
Functional assessment - Diagnosing mechanical disorders using muscle, orthopaedic and ROM tests
Pelvic corrections - Assessing and correcting critical imbalances around the pelvic girdle
For further information please click on this link to bring you to the appropriate page on our website: http://aoit.com.au/cpe-recognised-training-hands-on-body-therapy-workshops
Contact us via email at email@example.com or at (07) 3172 7761.
Appendicular Imbalances & Corrections » (PDF541kb)
Axial Imbalances & Corrections » (PDF543kb)
Head/Selected Organ Imbalances/Corrections » (PDF441kb)
Functional assessment » (PDF603kb)
Pelvic corrections » (PDF597kb)
A 6-day facial acupuncture certification series (only offering of this Advanced certification series in Australia in 2015) featuring:
MARY ELIZABETH WAKEFIELD - MODULE 2: Advanced Facial Acupuncture
MARNEY COMMENS - MODULE 1: The Foundations
Please Note: Module I is a pre-requisite for Module II
MODULE 1: Brisbane 15-16-17 August, 2015
Sydney 12-13-14 September, 2015
MODULE 2: SYDNEY ONLY: 5-6-7 November
Embassy Centre, 820 George St Sydney
Module 1: Pre-requisite seminar, taught by Marney Commens, Adv. Dip. TCM
Foundations of Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal
Brisbane; 15-16-17 August 2015 (Venue TBA) or
Sydney; 12-13-14 September 2015 (Venue TBA)
Module 2: taught by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., M. S., M. M.
Advanced Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal™
SYDNEY ONLY; November 5-6-7, 2015
Embassy Centre, 820 George St, SYDNEY
Assisted by Certified Teacher for Australia, Marney Commens, Adv. Dip. TCM
TUITION: $595 PER MODULE
Practitioners/advanced students who complete both training modules will receive a certification in ADVANCED CONSTITUTIONAL FACIAL ACUPUNCTURE™ from Chi Akra Center. Participants who have previously completed this certification series within the last 2 years (2013), can review it at a discounted rate. Individuals who have completed module 1 within the last 2 years (2013) may continue on to module 2 with the approval of the sponsors.
For all questions regarding registration, logistics, travel, accommodations, etc. please contact China Books Sydney; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct inquiries regarding content to Michel Angelo at email@example.com.Please contact CHINA BOOKS via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9280 1885 to register - www.ChinaBooksEducation.com.au
Modules and Speakers » (PDF479kb)
This 3-day workshop gives participants the knowledge and skills to provide safe, appropriate and effective massage therapy to clients who have, or are living with cancer, and is based Gayle MacDonald’s (author of Medicine Hands and pioneer of Oncology Massage) course - Massage for People Living with Cancer. During the three days, participants will receive comprehensive information regarding how cancer is formed, how it spreads, how it is treated by conventional medicine and the role massage has as a complementary therapy. Modifications to massage practices will be discussed and demonstrated, and the course provides ample opportunities for participants to practice these adjustments. This course is offered to qualified massage therapists who are currently working in the massage industry, and those students studying towards their qualification as a Remedial Therapist.
Location: Kew, Victoria
Dates: 3 days (Fri - Sun, 2-4 October)
For Further information contact Jan on 0400 621 471
The Australian College
of Eastern Medicine
Dates: November 10-11
Perth: December 14-15
Facial Rejuvenation Dry Needling (FRDN is a treatment technique, which uses very fine filiform needles that will relax the facial muscles and reduce frowns and wrinkles in a gentle pain free way. This therapy can also enhance the skin tone as well as improve peripheral and lymphatic circulation. This greatly assists in reversing the effects of aging on the face and neck. Laser therapy training as well as facial massage training is included in this seminar. This course is available to complimentary therapists and beauty therapists including:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Shiatsu Practitioners
- Beauty Therapists
THIS SEMINAR IS ACCREDITED BY ANTA ATTENDEES WILL OBTAIN 14 CPE POINTS
Cost: $780 ($680 if paid before July 31st)
The Australian College
of Eastern Medicine
Level 1 - November 3-4
Level 2 - November 5-6
Perth: L1 December 10-11, L2 December 12-13
Neuro Muscular Dry Needling (NMDN is a treatment technique, which uses small filiform needles to release tight muscles with the goal of permanently reducing muscle pain and dysfunction. This technique can effectively treat acute and chronic orthopedic and musculoskeletal conditions. NMDN can help you more efficiently treat your patients, improve your outcomes and save your aching hands.
This course is available to suitably qualified complimentary therapists including:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Shiatsu Therapists
Level 1 NMDN
An introductory course designed to provide the necessary training required to apply Neuromuscular Dry Needling for chronic and acute neuromuscular disorders.
Special emphasis is placed on health and safety issues of using filiform needles to Trigger Points.
(20 Hours including online and face to face training) ANTA 20 CPD points).
Level 2 NMDN
More advanced Neuromuscular Dry Needling techniques including application of NMDN to the Thoracic Spinal area, Torso and the application and use electrical stimulation apparatus.
(20 Hours including online and face to face training) ANTA 20 CPD points.
Level 1 $650
Level 2 $650
Melbourne: 4th - 6th December
Sydney: 29th - 30th November and 1st December
Melbourne: Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans Street, Brunswick
Sydney: Endeavour College of Natural Health, Level 2, 815 George Street, Sydney
CPD : 19.5 Points
Simultaneously with Baby Shiatsu workshop, we will be running a 'Shonishin - Paediatric Acupuncture' course with Dr. Thomas Wernicke.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend both workshops you will need to register for one in Sydney and then for the following weekend in Melbourne, they both cannot be attended on the same weekend.
Shonishin is a quick, safe and effective treatment method that practitioners can incorporate into their practice to treat babies, children and those with needle phobia. It involves touching the surface of the skin with a metal instrument, known as a teishin, along the meridian system.
The Japanese paediatric acupuncture technique Shōnishin has been successfully utilised in Japan since the 18th century for the treatment of many aliments.
Shōnishin has an effect on the meridian system as well as on the autonomic nervous system. Thereby energetic and autonomic disorders which are eligible for causing problems or diseases are treated in a smooth and effective way. Benefits of Shōnishin include:
- Outstanding results
- Quick response to treatment by children
- Rewarding experience for both practitioner and child alike.
- Suitable for children of any age, from new-born babies to school children.
- Suitable for adults with needle phobia
- The training in Shōnishin is certified and accredited by the Japanese Scientific Society of Pediatric Acupuncture (Nihon Shōni Hari Gakkai).
Practitioners eligible to participate include:
- Shiatsu practitioners
- Medical Doctors
- Alternative practitioners
- Occupational Therapists or Speech Therapists (with training in acupuncture or Shiatsu.)
ALSO In tandem with Shonishin, we will be running a baby Shiatsu course with Karen Kalbantner-Wernicke
Baby Shiatsu - Presented by Karin Kalbantner-Wernicke
Sydney: 29th, 30th November & 1st December
Baby Shiatsu offers invaluable understanding and skills in working specifically with babies and infants. Topics covered include:
- Baby and child development from Western (motor and sensory) and Eastern (3 families of early meridians) viewpoints
- Specific developmental disharmonies
- Specific Shiatsu treatment techniques for babies and infants
- Baby handling
Karin is an experienced Shiatsu practitioner, international teacher and author with over 30 years experience in Europe, Japan and USA. Author of Baby Shiatsu.
Please contact CHINA BOOKS via email on email@example.com or on (02) 9280 1885 to register.
Shonishin Baby Shiatsu Registration » (612kb)
Perfect for those wanting to work in the area of health coaching but don’t have
an existing qualification.
Become a RECOGNISED NUTRITION & HEALTH COACH today.
Increasing number of options including:
- Nutrition Psychology
- Menu & Meal Planning
- Sports Nutrition
- Super Nutrition
- Motivational Techniques
- Weight Loss Nutrition
- Nutrition for Children
- Pregnancy Nutrition
- Develop a Business and Marketing Plan
- More to come
Each subject has an open-book assessment designed as a learning tool, not a way to trip you up.
- Free business course
- Ongoing access to resources
- Certificates for each unit and for Recognised Nutrition & Health Coach
- Grad pack outline how to register, get insured and the business of getting yourself setup (website, pricing, strategies and more)
- Free listing on our ‘Find a Coach’ page
- Endorsement stickers and logos for use on your official documents
- Setup your own private practice
- Corporate work by pitching corporate wellness plans
- Work with small personal groups doing supermarket visits, pantry audits and group coaching sessions
- Become your workplaces Wellbeing Coach
- Work as health coach while completing the degree in nutrition, naturopathy
- Combine with personal training
Cadence Health College Prospectus » (1966kb)
This workshop is useful whether you work with couples or individuals. It will demonstrate the use of movement, the body and non-verbal creative processes in Relationship Therapy to extend and enhance verbal therapy.
Ever sat with a couple and found that talking about their issues does not result in sustained change? Even when they have good insight into their own or the other’s behaviour, they can’t change what they do and nothing improves. Over the last decade, neurobiological research has shown that ‘unwanted patterns of acting’ can become hard-wired in the brain. Therapists can learn to transform these patterns by stimulating both affect (mood) and cognition (thinking). Techniques that utilise movement and the body are known to help.
Participants will learn:
- safe and respectful ways of dealing with the body, movement and art in Relationship Therapy
- interventions to help clients gain a sense of empathy for their partner that is both cognitive (known on a thought level) and embodied (known on a felt ‘whole mind’ level)
- techniques that help clients develop an experiential sense (through feeling, thinking and acting) of how they become trapped in repeated unwanted patterns of interaction
- exercises that address and explore issues of sexuality and territory
- ways of exploring the values and qualities clients need in a relationship
- skills and exercises that help clients experience issues symbolically. This takes the pressure off the problem/s and allows couples to play with creating something together, negotiate conflicts and deal with third parties.
Christine Bolstad is a Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years experience using creative processes in therapy. Her professional development has included a period of special training in movement and action techniques under the guidance of Dr Bermudez in Europe. She has helped both clients and fellow professionals in the fields of relationships, family issues and interpersonal violence, trauma, anxiety and depression. Christine is eager to assist other helping professionals interested in learning these skills and applying them in their own practice. Christine practises at the Inner West Therapy Centre in Sydney.
Numbers are restricted to ensure maximum benefit to participants.
To register or for more information, please contact Christine on 9569 7433 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy medicine is at the forefront of creating a whole new world of options and outcomes. Our workshops and courses explore and teach this new paradigm of health and wellbeing, creating new opportunities for “healing the whole person”.
No matter what your area of expertise, the Australian Bush Flower Essences courses provide exceptionally useful information that can be used in your practice, enhancing your knowledge base, complementing your existing modality, and improving your client outcomes.
Australian Bush Flower Essences has been conducting education and training in Australia, as well as over 42 countries internationally, for over 25 years. Our cutting edge curriculum contains workshops and courses from beginner level to advanced, and includes many special interest modules. All our Training and Education material is written by qualified natural therapists who have experience in flower essences and their integration into various specialty modalities and delivered by our Certified Teachers.
You can attend our live One, Two or Three day workshops in capital cities, regional centres and remote communities throughout Australia. Some of our courses are also delivered via distance education, via webinar, and across flexible time frames.
The following workshops and courses are Accredited with ANTA for CPE purposes:
- Level 1 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-1-Workshop
- Level 1 Workshop on DVD - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Level-1-Workshop-DVDs-PAL
- Level 2 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-2-Workshop
- Level 2 Workshop on DVD - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Level-2-Workshop-DVD
- Level 3 Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Level-3-Workshop
- Graceful Ageing Workshop - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Graceful-Ageing-Workshop
- Happy Healthy Kids - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Children-Workshop
- Kinesiology and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Kinesiology-Workshop
- Masterclass - Ask Ian - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Masterclass-Ask-Ian
- Men's Health and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Mens-Health-Workshop
- Women's Wellbeing and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Womens-Wellbeing-Workshop
- Bush Essences Introductory Course / formerly College Course 16 hours Part 1 - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Introductory-Course
- Bush Essences Practitioner Skills / formerly College Course 16 hours Part 2 - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Practitioner-Skills
- ABFE College Course 24 hours - ausflowers.com.au/Other/College-Course-24-hours
- ABFE Correspondence Course - ausflowers.com.au/Products/Correspondence-Course-English
- Dowsing and Australian Bush Flower Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Dowsing-Workshop
- Light Frequency Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/Light-Frequency-Workshop
- White Light Essences - ausflowers.com.au/Other/Workshops/White-Light-Workshop
Our current workshop schedule for all workshops being held in capital cities and regional centres throughout Australia and overseas is available here.
Geovital Academy 2.5 Day Workshop. Held in Melbourne with discounts for interstate students.
Geovital Academy is a Naturopathic Clinic in Sulzberg, Austria, which teaches doctors, therapists, architects, builders and anyone else interested how to conduct their style of home assessment and be able to consult on healthier radiation free living and building. Exposure to domestic radiation from sources like mobile phone towers, internal wiring, smart meters, cordless technology, power supply cables and excesses of natural radiation (Geopathic Stress) is an underestimate health burden (see research ). Geovital was prompted decades ago to investigate and develop solutions for this in order to move patients through therapy resistance and past chronic complaints. (see videos )
You can learn how to conduct these assessments for your own use, to complement what you already do as a health professional, or as a stand-alone business. If you choose to work with us, your local Geovital office will support you with more in depth knowledge where needed, supply the shielding solutions you recommended and the back up support directly to your clients. We can talk to your client’s electrician and trades people when needed so you don’t have to. You remain the consultant, charge whatever is fair for your time and receive a share of the profits on the products used.
AU$675 incl GST. Included manual, assessment tools for Geopathic Stress and transport for field trips. Well priced accommodation is available onsite and nearby.
Discounts (may change in near future):
Those travelling from further than 150Km away receive $75 worth of credit to use on Geovital shielding solutions. Those travelling from interstate receive an ADDITIONAL $100 credit. (Yes, $175 in total) See website for course and discount details.
Prof. Ivan Engler Dr. med. univ.,PhD : "Geopathic Zones…over time they weaken even the immune system. With almost all of my (roughly 300) patients with a cancerous disease, their bed was placed for years on an energetically unfavorable place in a Geopathic Zone."
More information: www.geovital.com.au/seminars.html
Patrick van der Burght, Geovital Academy Australia / New Zealand
0407 680 812 or 03-9020 1330.
Would you like to help your clients in a special way by treating emotional / attitudinal disharmony, that causes much stress? Dr Bach believed that conflict between the spiritual and mental aspects of the personality saps the body’s vital power, leaving it open to the inroads of disease. There are 38 Remedies plus Rescue Remedy in the Dr Bach System to treat the personality types he identified. His principle was: Treat The Patient Not The Disease.
By doing the Dr Bach Correspondence Course your lessons are done in the convenience of your own home, and they are supervised individually. You are taught how to use the System at the professional level.
The Correspondence Course Notes cover each of the 38 Remedies in detail, to ascertain which Remedies are required by the client, along with the knowledge of how to make up the personal prescription for the client. The Remedies can also be applied to animals and plants.
There are Six Mailings, each taking approximately 6 - 8 weeks to complete. Assessment is done by satisfactorily completing the Questionnaire for each Mailing, which leads to the awarding of the Certificate of Achievement on completion.
CPE points are based on one point per hour of study.
Payment Plan for ANTA Members
$324.00 plus postage, full payment for the Six Mailings (10% discount)
$60.00 plus postage, per Mailing as you proceed.
Two books are essential reading for the Course $44.00
Where To Apply
Margaret Gippel – Administrator (02) 9153 7951
Online CPE — Any Time Any WHERE
We provide quality evidence based courses in a very convenient and cost effective format, giving the therapist a scientific understanding to back up their work
SHORT COURSES - 5 CPE Hrs Each
- The Shoulder Guided Study Workshop
- Understanding Fibromyalgia Guided Study Workshop
A new program of short courses is offered every term, four times a year. Our short courses are an ideal way of giving your career a boost; helping you to acquire new skills to use for employment, self-employment or purely for personal interest and enjoyment.
- Introduction to aromatherapy - 1 day (9am-5pm)
- Positional release - 2 days (9am-5pm)
- Advanced chair massage - 1 day (9am-5pm)
- Stone therapy massage - 2 days (9am-5pm)
- MLD- Full body - 2days (9am-5pm)
- MLD – redirection - 2 days (9am-5pm)
A Program for Health Professionals and others interested in Women’s Health
A 2 day Billings Ovulation Method® Teacher Training Course has been organised for VICTORIA.
BILLINGS OVULATION METHOD® TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Attendance at this Teacher Training Course will enable the participants to give information on the Billings Ovulation Method® to women and couples who wish to conceive as well as those wishing to use a natural method to avoid pregnancy.
Recognition of the signs of fertility and infertility allows a woman to monitor her reproductive health. The woman who knows her own mucus patterns will be alerted early to any abnormality which requires medical management.
Once learned the Billings Ovulation Method® can be applied to all variations throughout a woman’s reproductive life:
- regular cycles
- irregular cycles
- anovular bleeding
- effects of stress
- after childbirth or miscarriage
- while breastfeeding
- approaching menopause
- low fertility
Call: 1800 335 860 or fax/post your completed
registration form with payment to:
2A/303 Burwood Highway
East Burwood Vic 3151
Fax: 03 9887 8572
For further information visit: www.thebillingsovulationmethod.org
Training Details and Registration » (PDF754kb)
One day practical skills workshop.
This one day workshop is designed for wellness and fitness professionals who wish to learn more about coaching techniques and theory and how they can be used to build a better dynamic with their clients to deliver confidence and lasting behaviour change.
Workshop Information. In this workshop, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of evidence-based psychological theories that can turn fitness training into fitness coaching
- Discover how providing advice alone is not enough to create lasting change
- Learn how to use principles of positive psychology to build client confidence and success
- Increase client awareness and promote self responsiblity for their health and wellness through cognitive and behaviour change
- Help clients plan their change process and overcome barriers that stand in the way
- Develop active listening and communication skills that will build trust and rapport with your clients
- Increase understanding of goal setting that helps clients commit to their program while taking small successful steps towards desired outcome
- Available as an 8 hour online course or via our 1 day workshop worth 8 ANTA CPE’s.
Pulse on Anatomy consists of a variety of short modules in gross anatomy and imaging anatomy. Modules include: (i) Neuroanatomy; (ii) Thorax; (iii) Abdomen and Pelvis; (iv) Upper Limb; (v) Lower Limb; and (vi) multiple Imaging Anatomy modules which accompany each of the preceding modules ie. Can only complete an imaging module with enrolment into one of the other modules.
Students can take one, a combination or all modules in any order. The course is registered as a QUT short-course or Continuing Professional Education course and is therefore ideal for professional societies to engage with in order to provide extended professional development opportunities.
The Pulse on Anatomy website provides comprehensive details of the main focus of each module and how the course is structured:
Each module is run across three weeks, with each session being 3 hours in length from 5.30-8.30pm. Each session will consist of:
- An initial 30-minute optional exploratory session on cadavers before formal class begins
- A 1-hour demonstration period on cadavers and models
- A 30-minute pathology case study/ surface anatomy exercise
- A 30-minute self assessment on cadavers
The course completes with a written and practical assessment and certificates of achievement will be awarded on reaching competencies.
Also note that this course is offered as both internal and external delivery – so we can cater for students who are unable to get to the Gardens Point QUT campus in rural areas or interstate as required.
Study Anywhere, Anytime.
- Beating Colds and Flu Naturally
- Preconception and Pregnancy Care
- Natural Vitality and Ageing
- Weight Loss Naturally
- Natural Stress Reduction
COMPLETE IN JUST 4 TO 7 HOURS - SAVE YOUR PROGRESS
Book online & start your 60 days access straight away!
Bookings can be made through the short course website: www.endeavourshortcourses.edu.au/courses/c/online-courses
Oncology Massage Training (OMT) prepares you to work with the growing number of Australians experiencing cancer. Massage does not spread cancer and OMT explains the science of cancer and cancer treatments as well as developing your skills in oncology massage.
The Course Dates page lists the programmed courses for Modules 1 to 4. Changes may be made from time to time dependant upon interest and venue availability.
OM Module Two date for Northcote from 28th - 30th August 2014
Discover the benefits of massage during pregnancy with our Certificate of Pregnancy Massage
This course will help you understand the many physiological, structural and psychological changes that occur in a woman’s body during pregnancy. You will also discover how beneficial massage is before, during and after labour. You will gain the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate therapeutic massage to your pregnant client.
Then add to your qualifications with our Diploma of Pregnancy Massage
The Diploma will help you gain a greater insight into pregnancy and why massage is a key component to maintaining good health and wellbeing during pregnancy. You will also learn exercise and relaxation techniques, how to inspire partners to be proactive in the labour, and visualisation methods to help the mother achieve a greater connection with her baby.
Tom Myers wrote the widely-acclaimed Anatomy Trains (Elsevier 2001, 2009) and directs Kinesis, which offers hundreds of seminars per year worldwide for manual and movement professionals of all types. He studied with Ida Rolf, Moshe Feldenkrais, Buckminster Fuller and has practiced integrative bodywork [...More...]
Visit www.bodyworkeducation naustralia.com.au Contact Julie@kmiaustralia.com or call 0410 990 869.
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 30 No. 2 | Jul 2015
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.