The study chronicled a mineral intake of about 3,000 women over a 10-year study period.
The traditional Chinese theory of acupuncture highlights that the intensity of the stimulus must reach a threshold to elicit de qi, which is necessary to achieve therapeutic effects.
What's new at ANTA
19 & 20 June 2013, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Now in its 8th amazing year and for the first time in Melbourne, Happiness & Its Causes is the world's leading forum examining the varied causes of a happy and meaningful life. Join special guest His Holiness the Dalai Lama and 35+ amazing speakers in a fascinating exploration of human happiness and wellbeing. With some of the brightest minds in education, science, psychology, economics and the arts and 9 workshops on offer – Happiness & Its Causes 2013 will be of significant interest to educators.
- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Professor Ed Diener, USA, pioneering psychologist and world’s foremost expert on the science of happiness and life satisfaction
- Professor Carol Dweck, USA, acclaimed psychologist and researcher in the field of motivation
- Linda Lantieri, USA, pioneering educator and expert in social and emotional learning
- Professor Todd Kashdan, USA, clinical psychologist and pioneering researcher into curiosity, resilience and happiness
- Carl Honoré, UK, leading proponent of the Slow Movement and award winning journalist
- Dr Helen Fisher, USA, renowned anthropologist and leading expert on romantic love
- Nic Marks, UK, innovative wellbeing researcher and co-creator of the Happy Planet Index
- Dr Adam Fraser, leading educator and researcher on human performance
- Michael Leunig, much loved cartoonist, philosopher, poet, artist and Australian National Living Treasure … plus many more!
Browse through our list of interactive and educational Natural Therapy and Complementary Short Courses, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences!
Looking for a natural therapy and complementary medicine short courses?
Browse through our short course and workshop program guide. We trust you will find something in our course guide that will spark your interest - whether it is a single subject that resonates with your interests or a career-oriented program.
ANTA lists information about current and future seminars, programmes, conferences and webinars.
A Smarter Search Experience. Focusing on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness…
ANTA members and student members now have access to the world's largest full-text Alternative Medicine Research Database free of charge 24 hours a day 7 days a week as part of their membership.
The EBSCOhost Alternative Medicine Research Package provides members with access to the following resources:
- 2800+ full text medical journals
- Access to the world’s most reputable bibliographic indexes for medicine, allied health and complementary/alternative medicine (CINAHL, MEDLINE & AMED) – all searchable via the one platform, EBSCOhost
- 700+ evidence based articles for consumer health researchers
- 300+ Full text books & monographs
- Hundreds of pamphlets, booklets & special reports
- Much more
- The Tenth International Congress on Natural Medicine
- Chinese Scalp Acupuncture: Theory, Techniques and Clinical Applications
- Long Road: An Acupuncture Travelogue Volumes 1 & 2
- Hunyuan Xinfa: The Lost Heart of Medicine
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 28 No. 1 | Mar, 2013
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.