Seminars and Conferences
Browse through our list of interactive and educational Natural Therapies Seminars and Conferences!
Information about current and future seminars programmes/conferences can be obtained below. For more information about any of the listed events please contact the seminar providers directly.
Come and learn firsthand how to use the holistic assessment techniques to guide the application of Bowen Technique. Learn how to use the information contained in this textbook in a one and a half day seminar. This seminar will enrich your clinical competence and forever change the way you practice Bowen Technique.
Seminar Locations - 2013
May 11-12 - Melbourne
June 29-30 - Brisbane
August 17-18 - Sydney
Sept. 28-29 - Adelaide
October 5-6 - Perth
We guarantee this seminar will change the way you practice the Bowen Technique!
More Information on Textbook Bowen Seminars » (PDF 118kb)
BioCeuticals is delighted to invite you to their inaugural Research Symposium in stunning Sydney. 10 - 11 May 2013.
Under the theme of Research, Innovation, Reality, the Symposium will explore current and key research in plenary, workshop and panel formats.BioCeuticals is at the forefront of evidence-based integrative medicine, being a proud sponsor of 16 key clinical trials in primary healthcare facilities, and is committed to helping educate healthcare professionals on research and its practical application.
Have you updated your knowledge in new applications of probiotic therapy? Do you know how best to use integrative medicine for mood disorders? Or metabolic therapy for cardiovascular health?
Register to attend the inaugural BioCeuticals Research Symposium, 10-11 May, and be at the forefront of evidence-based integrative medicine with a full list of leading international and Australian specialists confirmed, including vitamin D expert Prof. Michael F. Holick (USA), renowned international herbalist Mark Blumenthal (USA) and naturopathic oncologist Dr Lise Alschuler (USA).
Early Bird Registration Opens...Open now
Early Bird Registration Closes...Sunday, 31 March 2013
Standard Registration Opens...Monday, 1 April 2013
BioCeuticals Research Symposium...10 - 11 May 2013
Conference Dinner ...Friday, 10 May 2013
176 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW.
Visit www.bioceuticals.com.au/education/event/BioCeuticals-Research-Symposium to register today!
More Information, Speakers and Registration Details » (PDF 1707kb)
In this unique learning event, seminar attendees will have direct insight into the clinical approach of one of Australia’s foremost integrative oncology practitioners. Garth Harris BSc (Biomed), will present a series of in-depth and varying illustrative case studies, in a forum designed to strengthen and develop attendees case management skills and confidence. Each case history will be followed from the first point of patient contact through to prescribing and ongoing support.
With an emphasis on real clinical cases and pathology, the focus will be on getting the basics right, what to do and when to do it, as well as strategies for different situations and cancer types. Benefit from over 25 years of clinical experience and follow the fundamental steps that Garth implements in his own clinic.
This innovative seminar will enable attendees to:
- Become confident in prescribing priorities and ongoing patient support
- Understand the concepts of over treatment and over diagnosis
- Learn how to take a more thorough and effective case history
- Improve pathology test result interpretation skills
- Develop a patient centred integrative treatment approach with other health professionals
- Identify ways to support a range of case types that may present in clinic
- Feel assured and supported in treating oncology patients with complementary therapies
- Provide the best oncology support possible by gaining valuable insights into how to work successfully with cancer patients at whatever level is appropriate for each particular case
Other areas which will be discussed include:
- Common medical oncology approaches and potential flaws
- Pathology questions and uncertainties
- What to do when faced with important clinical decisions
- Treatment realities and what not to do
- Dealing with controversial issues such as prescribing antioxidants with chemotherapy, the validity of genetic testing and issues regarding bio-identical hormones
Seminar Time & Cost: 2.00-6.00pm (Registration from 1.30pm) Price: $89 Standard Ticket Price, $77 Early Bird Special (book before Friday the 13th of April), $77 Student Price, all incl. GST (includes comprehensive notes, a healthy afternoon tea plus exclusive specials).
Seminar Dates & Locations:
Saturday 11th May, 2013
Saturday 18th May, 2013
Sunday 19th May, 2013
Saturday 25th May, 2013
Sunday 26th May, 2013
Sunday 2nd June, 2013
CPE: 4 Points
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 6.6Mb)
RUNNING ON EMPTY: Burnout, stress and fatigue
ADRENALS, THYROID AND IMPORTANT NUTRITIONAL ENDOCRINE RELATIONSHIPS
Helping the tired patient and burnt out athlete regain their mojos
Technical Director, InterClinical Laboratories
Gary Moller DipPhEd, PGDipRehab,
PGDipSportMed (Otago),Nutritional Specialist
Sports Health Practitioner and Nutritional Medicine Consultant.
Advanced Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Seminar and Workshop.
All physiological activity affects the endocrine system and thus has an impact on nutritional requirements. Having tested hundreds of thousands of patient’s hair samples for Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA), we have found that a large number of reports show a picture of weakened adrenals and thyroid function; resulting in a ‘tired/burnt-out’ patient.
- Overview of essential nutrients
- Heavy and toxic minerals
- Important mineral ratios and metabolic typing
- Better understanding the neuro-endocrine system
- Adrenal and thyroid function
- Improving stamina and athletic performance
- Real patient HTMA case studies
- Identifying and treating burn-out, fatigue and stress in the tired patient and/or athlete
Seminar Dates & Venues:
For full seminar program details and ticket prices, please contact InterClinical Laboratories or register on-line.
Phone: (02) 9693 2888 Fax: (02) 9693 1888 On-line registrations: www.interclinical.com.au/events
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 147kb)
Muscle Balance Analysis is an excellent course for health professionals interested in underlying structural and postural causes of persistent chronic and acute pain patterns that don’t otherwise resolve. You will gain the skills to confidently discover and resolve pain-creating muscular imbalances in human posture and correct for structural asymmetries that have previously gone undetected.
This highly practical 2-day seminar teaches participants a reliable clinical method to detect frequently overlooked perpetuating factors of soft tissue pain throughout the body, with special emphasis on leg length differentials and the very often missed or disregarded small hemipelvis. We will investigate how to determine and test for the presence of small but critical skeletal asymmetries in the legs and pelvis, combinations thereof, and the corrections required for both single and multiple asymmetries, whether ipsilateral or contralateral.
The balance of the weekend is spent in developing an understanding of how to interpret the results of these evaluations and successfully apply them in a clinical setting, as well as in refining the evaluation technique.
The participants will learn the MBA Method of taking and charting a detailed structural and postural analysis using palpation of bony landmarks from an anterior, posterior, and lateral perspective, standing, supine and seated. We will teach a method of charting these measurements in a particular way that enables participants to easily interpret the findings and grasp their therapeutic implications.
Clinicians attending our seminars come from a variety of backgrounds including osteopathy, chiropractic, myotherapy and massage therapy, medical, nursing, dental, health & wellness, occupational health, podiatry, exercise physiology, and the fitness industry. Depending on the mix of attending professionals, our discussions regarding ramifications of skeletal asymmetries and postural distortions vary from group to group. Ample opportunity is provided to find out how the application of the MBA Approach to Pain Relief® will affect your practice in particular, to bring up for discussion complex cases/postural patterns that have been found in the class, and to discuss how these would be managed in clinical practice, including specific sports, occupations, the young, and the elderly.
18-19 May, 2013
25-26 May, 2013
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 259kb)
Over 60 Displays Health, Wellbeing, Natural Therapies, Sustainable and Organic Eco Living, Readers & Education
2 Days of Interactive events –
- Local, National & International Exhibitors
- Free Seminars, Talks , Workshops, Demonstrations, Performances and
- Featured Speakers and demonstrations
- Local & National businesses offering natural health and healing options
- Meet Authors
- Healers and Readers available for appointments
- Fun and laughter (it is the best medicine)
- 1000's of $$ worth of Prizes and giveaways
The You Can Heal Yourself Expo is passionate about educating the general public on their health and healing options and providing a more scientific, balanced view of a healthy lifestyle and healing disease. We are focused on health care services and products who also reflect our ethos of education before sales, an absolute passion for helping people to help themselves, high ethical standards and quality products and services.
We invite highly respected doctors and health professionals to present and exhibit along with respected therapists and healers creating a balanced outlook that meets the needs of the general community. We are not preaching to the converted, but rather inviting the average person to educate themselves about their health and healing options.
The “You Can Heal Yourself Expo” www.healyourselfexpo.com May 25 & 26, 2013, The Events Centre - Caloundra.
With Yaron Seidman
Following on from the huge success of his newly-published "Hunyuan Fertility: Conception, Babies and Miracles" Yaron Seidman will be coming to Australia for a 3-day seminar on Hunyuan Classical Medicine and Infertility, in Sydney only.
DATES: 1-2-3 June, 2013
VENUE: The Women's College, University of Sydney
CPE: 19.5 points
This seminar will teach you how to apply the power of Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture in everyday clinical practice. The seminar will equip you with the tools of ancient medical thinking.
This surpasses the use of modern TCM and classical texts, which are only sources of partial knowledge.
We will clarify the root principle of Chinese medicinal practice, learn the movement of herbs and how to differentiate root from branch treatment.
You will learn how to compose powerful and safe herbal and acupuncture formulas, and see immediate success in clinic. With this clear ability to think about medicine, illness and disharmony, you will no longer be reliant on scores of formulas or textbooks, nor be led astray by symptoms. In addition to covering the general principles of Hunyuan medicine there will be a section specifically targeting Infertility. The meaning of ovulation, ejaculation and stand-alone pivot. How to improve this pivot and create healthier future generations naturally without the assistance of modern ART.
This seminar is different to any other you've been to. For the first time you can hold real medical knowledge in your hands, grasp it and feel its power.
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 314kb)
Seminar Description and Profile » (PDF 70kb)
Hunyuan Fertility: Conception, Babies and Miracles Book Launch » (PDF 386kb)
Date: 1st June, 2013
Time:9.15am - 4.30pm
Venue: Novotel Darwin Atrium
100 The Esplanade, Darwin N.T. 0800
CPD Points: 6
Learn Best Business Strategies from Wellness Industry's Top Business Minds.
June 14 - 28, 2013
WBOWS 2013 offers an outstanding opportunity to study with a wide and diverse spectrum of wellness professional talent. It brings together the thought leaders of the wellness industry to share their knowledge and experience with practicing wellness business owners.
The presenters this year are many of the biggest names in the wellness industry and include (just to name a few):
- Wellness Billionaire Chip Wilson (Lululemon founder, estimated worth $2.9 billion http://www.forbes.com/profile/chip-wilson/ )
- Dr Joe Dispenza (neuroscientist from movie What the Bleep, People Vs State of Illusion etc)
- Michael E. Gerber (NY Times best -seller, E-Myth)
- Loral Langemeier (The Secret, Dr Phil Show money and business expert, author of Yes! Energy)
- Michael Port (author of Book Yourself Solid and NY Times best-seller Think Big Manifesto)
- Dr Ivan Misner (BNI founder, Ny Times best-selling author)
- Justine McKell (wellness industry PR expert)
Over 24 top leaders in the industry will be bringing their talents to help you grow.
You’ll be able to attend all 24 sessions live or listen to the recordings at your convenience.
Aromatherapy Today is proud to announce that we have negotiated with Jan Kusmirek of The Fragrant Earth International in England, to attend Australia in June 2013.
This is an opportunity to attend a course and truly understand the benefits of using Fatty Acids, Carrier Oils, Base oils or Fixed oils, or whatever you may know these oils as. Jan Kusmirek is a world renowned exponent of aromatic medicine and skin care, He is a published author and an accepted authority on aromatic medicine and is sought after as an international lecturer.
He is a prolific article writer and has been a staunch supporter of the Aromatherapy Today journal and his company, “The Fragrant Earth” in England, is the Exclusive distributor of our journal in the UK and Europe. Jan has written many books on his subject, “Liquid Sunshine” being a solid foundation book available on our web site. He is a leading exponent in Aromatic Medicine and skin care.
We are planning for a 3 day workshop to be held at the Twin Towns resort, Tweed Heads on the 29th 30th June and 1st July 2013 , where you will learn how Carrier oils can create:-
- The finest formulation or products
- Formulate excellent massage blends
- Learn the nutritional benefits of Carrier oils in Naturopathy
- Carrier oils in Aromatic Medicine
- And much more from this unique lecturer
The 29th and 30th June 2013, Jan will be talking about Carrier oils. On the 1st July 2013 Jan will be talking about Physics of Essential oils
Your investment for the 2 day lecture on Carrier Oils: - $350.00AU
Your investment for the1 day lecture about the Physics of Essential Oils: - $150.00AU
A total investment of $450.00AU.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided on all 3 days. A Certificate of attendance will be issued for your ongoing personal development criteria.
A deposit of $100.00AU to be paid by Friday 31st May 2013 to secure your place. Balance to be paid 1 week prior to the commencement of the course.
SEEKING EXPRESSION OF INTEREST:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and secure your position in this wonderful and inspiring course not to be missed by massage therapists, Aromatherapists and Aromatic Medicine Practitioners and all other natural therapy modalities.
Tools & Techniques for a Happier Life!
Now in its 8th amazing year and for the first time in Melbourne, Happiness & Its Causes is the world's leading forum examining the varied causes of a happy and meaningful life. Join special guest His Holiness the Dalai Lama and 35+ amazing speakers in a fascinating exploration of human happiness and wellbeing.
If you're interested in exploring the following questions ...
Why are we here? How can we be happy? How should we live?
... then you'll thoroughly enjoy this extraordinary event!
THE EARLIER YOU BOOK, THE MORE YOU SAVE!
Book before 28 March and save $200 off the full 2 day conference fee and $340 off the full 4 day gold pass fee (includes workshops)!
Book online using promotion code JWGQ or call (02) 8719 5118 to register!
Hear from the world’s leading speakers in science, education, psychology, economics, spirituality and the arts including:
- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Professor Ed Diener, USA, pioneering psychologist and world’s foremost expert on the science of happiness and life satisfaction
- Dr Helen Fisher, USA, renowned anthropologist and leading expert on romantic love
- Professor Carol Dweck, USA, acclaimed psychologist and researcher in the field of motivation
- Linda Lantieri, USA, pioneering educator and expert in social and emotional learning
- Carl Honoré, UK, leading proponent of the Slow Movement and award winning journalist
- Michael Leunig, much loved cartoonist, philosopher, poet, artist and Australian National Living Treasure
- Clare Bowditch, Aria award winning Melbourne singer and songwriter
- Nigel Westlake, one of Australia’s foremost composers
35+ SPEAKERS 2000+ DELEGATES
T: +61 2 8719 5118
Note: In addition to the two day conference, there are 9 workshops on offer which are bookable separately or as part of a gold pass. Your 10% member discount applies to all workshops also.
More Information, Speakers and Registration Details » (PDF 4233kb)
THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ANNUAL EVENT HELD IN THE NATURAL MEDICINE INDUSTRY
SATURDAY 8TH - MONDAY 10TH JUNE 2013 | THE SEBEL ALBERT PARK | MELBOURNE
Congress 2013 will focus on the problem of chronic infection and its role in the development of a range of conditions including:
Autoimmunity | Fatigue | Inflammatory bowel disorders | Obesity | Cancer | Cardiovascular disease
- Full Congress manual • Congress gift pack • Morning tea and refreshments upon arrival
- Healthy and delicious full buffet lunch • Afternoon tea • Coffee, tea and purified water
- A light dinner on Saturday night
- Early Bird $595.00 incl GST (ends Jan 31st 2013)
- Full Price $660.00 incl GST
Don’t miss the most significant event on the Natural Medicine calendar in 2013.
For full details of Congress go to www.metagenics.com.au
Call 1800 777 648 to book today.
Presented by Ann Adams
Your responsibilities as a registered practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Professional Ethics and Personal Ethics – what are the standards you need to adhere to both professionally and personally.
- Your responsibilities as a registered practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- How to comply with the new Codes of Practice, Acts and Regulations.
- Patient Records – new requirements.
- Your Duty of Care
- What is Negligence in Chinese Medicine
- Professional Responsibility as a practitioner
- A patients Consent to Treatment
- Professional Misconduct
- A review of cases involving Chinese Medicine practitioner’s in Australia to date – what offences have been prosecuted, what were the circumstances involved, what the outcomes were and what lessons can be learned from these cases.
- The role of the Expert Witness.
- What do you do if you are required to attend hearing – as a defendant or a witness.
This is a excellent opportunity to bring yourself up to speed with what is legally required of you as Registered Health Professional.
DATE: Sunday 7th July 2013
VENUE: Southern School of Natural Therapies (Melbourne)
BOOKINGS: China Books Melbourne Ph 1800 44 88 55
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 323kb)
Paris, the City of Lights, will host the International Congress on Naturopathic Medicine ICNM on July 7-9, 2013, at the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
The ICNM 2013 Congress is the opportunity to reunite and share a wealth of experience with the finest Naturopathic Physicians, Therapists, Professors and Healthcare Professionals from around the world for a 3 day outstanding conference.
The congress is open to professionals from the fields of:
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Complementary & alternative medicine
- Nutritional Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Chinese Medicine
- Students in Naturopathic Medicine
Who should attend
ICNM is reserved to Naturopaths and certified Healthcare professionals. The Congress in not open to the public.
CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY is delighted to present this excellent seminar with world-renowned teacher and author, JASON HAO.
This course is designed for practitioners who have completed acupuncture training and have had solid experience in clinical acupuncture. Their experience might be in general medical applications, pain management, or rehabilitation medicine.
Practitioners will enhance their clinical ability to improve, relieve, and even cure difficult neurological and neuromuscular problems.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this training program practitioners will be able to:
- Understand the history, theory and research of Chinese scalp acupuncture
- Master the locations, proper needling and clinical applications of each scalp acupuncture area
- Design and execute special treatments for the disorders accessible to this discipline
- Improve their effective recovery rate for neurological disorders
- Help patients with even the most challenging and difficult conditions
- Add a new high-level skill and performance to their clinical acupuncture practice
- Recognize contra-indications to the use of Chinese scalp acupuncture.
Date: Sydney: 20-21 July
Venue: to be advised
Early Bird Special
ANTA member - $495
Full - $550
Student (undergraduate) - $395
ANTA member - $595
Full - $650
Student (undergraduate) - $400
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 314kb)
CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY is delighted to be hosting this seminar with Dr Chantal
Dr Vulliez is a Stomatologist (oral surgeon), a Lecturer in Dentistry, Homeopathy and Auriculotherapy, specialising in pain management. Chantal is a colleague of Dr Raphael Nogier and runs a very busy clinic in Lyon, France.
Date: Sydney: Sat, 3 August,
Venue: Roseville Wellness Group
Unit 3, 32 Barcoo St, Roseville.
Ample parking; 30min walk from Chatswood station.
Morning/afternoon teas & lunch provided.
- Introduction to Ear Acupuncture - Auriculotherapy
- History: Dr Paul Nogier's discoveries.
- Topography of the Ear
- Possibilities and Limitations of Ear Acupuncture.
- Pathological sites : identification and management.
- Conditions treatable by ear acupuncture. Modalities applicable in ear acupuncture.
- Helpful homeopathics in these conditions will be discussed.
- Facial Pain and Mouth Pain Management with ear acupuncture
- Demonstration and Practice.
- Discussion and Conclusion.
More Information and Registration Details » (PDF 335kb)
August 3rd—4th 2013
Esplanade River Suites
112 Melville PDE, Como Western Australia
The Institute of Functional Neuroscience and NAB are proud to present a joint collaboration with international pioneers in the field. We welcome you to join us as we explore the way our gut brain connection affects our behaviors. This unique experience to discover the latest in research and clinical evidence. Listen to real cases and speak to the specialists.
Including: Panel Discussions - Case Study Presentations - Practical Workshops
Numbers Limited Register Now
Early Bird Standard - $695 - Early Bird Ends 30th June
Standard - $895
Students - $395 - Must have valid Student Card from a TAFE or University...Only 30 Tickets Available
More Information and Speakers » (PDF 447kb)
The 14th International Mental Health Conference will be held at Outrigger, Surfers Paradise on Monday the 5th and Tuesday the 6th of August 2013.
Optional workshops will be held on Wednesday the 7th of August. The conference will focus on the complex mental health issues of Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and Dementia.
Featuring Australia and New Zealand's finest clinical practitioners, academics, and mental health experts, the conference will motivate and inspire professionals (and future professionals) by sharing information about;
- On-going research and findings
- New knowledge developments: implementation of programs and strategies.
- Latest evidence and guidelines on early diagnosis and successful patient management.
- New treatments.
- Research validation of early intervention strategies and treatments.
- Prevention Strategies: examine and review effectiveness
- Translational Research - from lab bench to the clinic and individual patient.
- Discussion on research and best practice
The conference streams will focus on Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and Dementia and address;
- Primary Interventions
- Promoting Recovery
- Preventing Relapse
- Policy Initiatives
With Nigel Wiseman
24-25 August 2013 - to be confirmed
With Nigel Dawes
September 2013 - date to be confirmed
An introduction to the Health Records Act 2001(Vic).
This free introductory seminar is targeted at staff of agencies and health services which collects, discloses or holds health information in Victoria. The Office of the Health Services Commissioner will provide an overview of Victorian privacy legislation, with focus on health. Health Privacy Principles, case studies and organisational responsibilities will be covered and there will be opportunities for questions and discussion.
Dates Wednesday 16 October 2013
Time 10.00 AM to 12.00 PM
Location Office of the Health Services Commissioner
Level 30, 570 Bourke Street
Registrations are essential. Please fax your registration form to 03 8601 5219 at least 1 week prior to your chosen seminar date.
More Information and Registration Form » (PDF 25kb)
How do we learn? How can we reach our potential? How should we live our lives?
Leading speakers in science, education, psychology, business, spirituality and the arts will explore these fascinating questions and others at the 8th Annual Mind & Its Potential conference, to be held 14 & 15 November in Sydney. An action packed program will examine how we can apply the new science of the mind to learning, creativity, the workplace and our own personal and professional development.
14 & 15 November 2013
SMC Conference & Function Centre, Sydney
The 2013 event will feature:
- A faculty of over 30+ international and local speakers and 600+ delegates
- Two conference days and additional pre- and post-conference workshops with best-selling authors and leaders in the fields of neuroscience, psychology, education, medicine, the arts and more.
- Presentations on the latest cutting-edge scientific research into the mind and its potential.
- A vibrant conference experience with interactive panel discussions, “brain breaks”, workshops and exhibitors.
Conference themes for 2013
Broad themes to be explored include:
- The Big Picture: Your Amazing Mind
- What’s Blocking Your Potential? Desires, Distractions, Delusions
- Creative, Engaged & Productive: Your Potential at Work
- Realising a Life of Meaning and Purpose
- Education: The Key to Unlocking Potential
- Nurturing Your Potential Throughout Life
- Mindfulness & Your Potential
- Putting It Into Practice: Making Changes That Stick
With Raphael Nogier
23-24 November 2013
With Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
9-10 and 16-17 November Level 1
30-1 and 7-8 December Level 2
From the Edge to the Centre – New Frontiers in Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Research
17-20 August 2014
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre | Brisbane Queensland | Australia
Globally, medicinal and aromatic plants are used widely and despite some prophecies of doom in the later years of the 20th century, medicinal and aromatic plant research is a fast developing and thriving theme. The majority of the world’s population still rely on local and traditional forms of therapy and, for example, Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jamu and Kampo are an essential element of daily healthcare in many Asian countries. In economically developed countries and under the label ‘Complementary and Alternative Medicine’ (CAM), such plants are part of the conscious selection of what people use to prevent and cure a wide range of diseases. Simultaneously, we witness a continuous development of novel uses of aromatic and other useful plants. The fast developing research tools based on omics-technologies, on novel pharmacological methods and our fast developing biotechnological capabilities offer unique opportunities to advance our knowledge on medicinal and aromatic plants.
WOCMAP has had a long tradition of engaging with these themes from a truly global perspective. The last congress was held in South Africa (2008) and, for the first time, it will now be hosted in Australia. Previously, congresses had been organised in Europe (Maastricht, Netherlands, 1992), South America (Mendoza, Argentina, 1997), and Asia (Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2003).
With multiple new and on-going research activities in Asian, South-East Asian and Oceania countries, WOCMAP V will offer unique opportunities to present and discuss research findings on all aspects of research on medicinal and aromatic plants.
Nine symposia will cover the breadths of the field. Selected keynote speakers will offer insight into cutting edge research in the field and of course the World Congress will be an ideal networking platform.
Each day will be dedicated to a series of joint symposia bringing together researchers in the horticultural sciences and in medicinal and aromatic plant research. Details of the symposia’s programmes will be posted on the website (www.wocmap2014.org) as the programme develops.
WOCMAP V is being held conjointly with the 29th International Horticultural Congress 2014 (www.ihc2014.org), 17 – 22 August 2014.
The International Horticulture Congress (IHC) is held every 4 years. The last time it was held in the Southern Hemisphere was in 1978 in Sydney. It is expected that in excess of 2,000 international delegates will attend the 2014 congress in Brisbane.
We look forward to seeing you in Brisbane in 2014.
Ongoing Schedule Seminars
The Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code Council (TGACC) are holding seminars nationally to provide information on advertising Therapeutic Goods to Consumers.
Details of the seminars are available via the link below
How to get your Seminar Programme, Conference or Event on this list?
Have a seminar, conference or event you would like to add to the list, Contact ANTA for more information.
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 28 No. 1 | Mar, 2013
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.