Webinars - Online Seminars and Distance Learning
Browse through our list of Natural Therapies Webinars, Online Seminars and Distance Learning!
Information and links to Webinars, Online Seminars and Distance Learning can be obtained below. For more information about any of the listed Webinars please contact the seminar providers directly.
Have a Webinar you would like to add to the list, Contact ANTA for more information.
Webinars, Online and Distance Education
Presented by: Rachel Arthur BHSc BNat (Hons)
Eight years ago BioMedica brought N-acetyl-cysteine to the Australian market, and in this clinically important seminar we will be sharing our insights, knowledge and experiences.
Join highly experienced practitioner and presenter Rachel Arthur, for this in-depth seminar exploring the practicalities and potential of N-acetyl-cysteine.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- For practitioners already dispensing NAC, broaden your understanding of indications, and correct common misunderstandings
- For practitioners new to NAC, gain the practical knowledge and tools needed to start using it effectively
- Gain awareness of the latest research on the why, when and how to use it
- The latest information about NAC’s real therapeutic potential, from reproductive to respiratory health, heavy metal burdens to biofilms, and athletes to addicts
- Learn from Rachel’s case studies, including approach taken and clinical outcomes
- Insightful updates on a new dispensary essential
“There are few complementary medicines that come onto the market with such a bang, opening up genuinely new therapeutic options for the effective management of such a broad range of health complaints. N-acetyl-cysteine stands out for this reason and has changed the way I practice”
Rachel Arthur BHSc BNat (Hons)
Seminar Date, Time & Cost
Date: Thursday 19th June 2014
Time: 7.00-8.30pm EST
Format: 90 Minute Webinar
CPE: 1.5 points
Cost: $45 Green Ticket (notes via email) incl. GST
$50 Standard Ticket (notes via post) incl. GST
(Each ticket price includes a comprehensive set of notes prior to the event and exclusive delegate specials)You can book your ticket online at www.biomedica.com.au or by calling the office on 1300 884 702. Alternatively, fax your completed booking form to us on +61 2 9698 9556
More Information and details » (PDF 369kb)
CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY is delighted to announce that the webinar of the "Application of Classical Formulas" recently presented by Professor Huang Huang is now available for viewing on our China Books Education website: www.chinabookseducation.com.au.
In this FOUR DAY SEMINAR, world renowned Professor Huang will acquaint practitioners and students with the classical understanding of common formulas and how best to apply them in a clinical situation in reference to a patient's presentation, constitution and progression of disease.
This was an immensely popular seminar which was highly rated by all who attended!
About the Webinar:
DAY 1 - 3: Clinical Applications of Classical Formulas (20 CPD points)
The first 3 days will focus on understanding the complexity of common classical formulas, their relations to one another and the subtle differences between formulas within the same family.
This seminar will encompass the following:
- Full comprehension of the actions of the chief herb.
- Effect of the formula functions with changes in dosage.
- How combining different classical formulas can expand the scope of treatment to treat chronic and complicated cases.
DAY 4: The Treatment of Cancer & Auto-Immune Diseases Using Classical Formulas (6.5 CPD points)
The fourth day will focus on how Professor Huang approaches herbs when working with patients that have cancer and auto-immune diseases. He will teach you his methods of diagnosing various stages of illness and how to best prescribe formulas within these stages. Special attention will be given to the common side effects of western cancer treatments such as fever, low white-blood counts, nausea, and ulcerations of mucuous membranes.
About Professor Huang Huang
Based at Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, world renowned practitioner and teacher Professor Huang is one of the leading authorities on Classicals Formulas and the Shang Han Lun. He has published many English texts including the much celebrated 'Ten Key Formula Families in Chinese Medicine'. He has also lectured across the globe including the United States, Europe and Japan.
Days 1-3 only $595
Day 4 only $250
FOR BOOKINGS, PLEASE CALL CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY ON 02 9280 1885
More Information and details » (PDF 410kb)
Live via Webcast (Registration Required)
Register your spot today to secure access to our new digital event platform coming in 2014, intended to support your continued growth in functional medicine practice, with the most compelling and useful technical information and discussion, in the comfort of your own home or clinic.
- Many of the (lesser appreciated) factors affecting metabolic utilisation of energy.Hormonal influences, Cellular influences, Toxic influences and Genetic influences.
- How to prioritise and address any imbalances uncovered.
- How to assess these clinically through a review of current functional metabolic testing options.
- Real world Case Studies & Discussion.
- How to demonstrate the broad impact positive changes can have on long term health outcomes.
Presenter: Warren Maginn
BHSc. (Nutr. Med.) Grad. Cert. (Hum. Nutr.) - Practitioner and EducatorWarren Maginn holds a Bachelor Degree in Nutritional Medicine and is Research Nutrition’s National Technical Educator, carrying extensive technical knowledge in the field of Functional Medicine. Warren is also a Nutritional Medicine Practitioner and Lecturer for Endeavour College in Brisbane. He is passionate about assisting practitioners and students to gain greater technical insights from current functional medicine understanding and how to apply this knowledge in clinical practice.
Price: $15 | Duration: 2 Hrs | Date: Tues 15th April
QLD, NSW, VIC: 7 pm | SA: 6:30 pm | WA: 5.00 pm
The Homeopathic Education and Research Association (HERA) is hosting a monthly Webinar case study.
Cases will be delivered by HERA members drawn from their practice, previous cases from Intensives with Dr Dixit and also the occasional case presented by Dr Dixit.
Hera Students And Graduates Webinar Series 2014
HERA is running a monthly webinar series aimed at current students and recent graduates. The aim of these webinars is to encourage homeopathic learning through standardised case studies presented by one of our team of experienced homeopaths and also to facilitate discussion about homeopathic practice in general.
Anybody is welcome to listen in to the webinar; however questions and discussion will be limited to students and recent graduates. We invite both homeopathic trained individuals and also people from other disciplines who have an interest in improving their homeopathic skills.
In the interest of promoting standardise homeopathy, the webinar series is free; however we would welcome any donations to help cover costs. Payments can be made directly into our HERA account and a receipt will be sent to you at a later date.
The Webinars will be held on the second Monday of every month at 7.30pm
If you are interested in participating please send you email details to Jim Veljanovski at:
For more information about HERA go to: www.hera.org.au/
Annual Subscription $60 or Lifetime Membership for $200
UNLOCK YOUR EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO:
- Education on Demand - A back catalogue of webinars, training videos, interpretations of clinical trials and case studies.
- Access to the hidden “Osiecki Files” - Collections of current and past research from Henry and Michael Osiecki’s careers; exclusive opinion pieces and practitioner questions and answers.
- Access to the Natural Standards Database - Valued at $199.
- Clinical Toolbox - Access to tools and interpretations that will help in a clinical setting.
- Competition & Promotions - Exclusive promotions, discounts and giveaways for members only.
Visit www.bioconcepts.com.au/wsb to see a demonstration of the site and to see why Henry Osiecki developed the Bio Concepts Education Centre.
Visit bioconcepts.com.au/wsb for more details on how to purchase membership.
With Jane Lyttleton
About the Course
This is a course in 4 parts of approximately 1.5 hours per part, and covers in detail all the information a qualified TCM practitioner might need in order to effectively approach the treatment and needs of the IVF patient.
In Part 1 "Assisted Reproduction technology and In Vitro Fertilisation" Jane looks at where modern reproductive medicine stands in the early 21st century and examines the different treatment options using assisted reproductive technology.
In Part 2 "Assisted Reproduction Technology and Traditional Chinese Medicine" Jane looks at the different approaches these 2 medicines take, and discusses pros and cons of different methods and how they can complement each other. She discusses how responses to IVF treatments can inform TCM diagnosis.
Part 3 TCM treatment of the IVF patient constitutes the main part of this course and looks at herbal and acupuncture treatment for couples preparing for IVF, and then during IVF. It combines traditional techniques of TCM gynaecology with research based protocols and those based on the experience of working with IVF patients in the last ten years.
Finally Part 4 covers current research relevant to the area of acupuncture and reproductive medicine.
- Notes can be downloaded
- 6 CPE points allocated for the course
- Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card or simply pay online
- No time limit – can be viewed anytime
You can register by calling CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY on 02 9280 1885. You can also register online at www.chinabookseducation.com.au.
More Information and Registration details » (PDF 410kb)
Law and Ethics Webinar available to fulfill AHPRA professional education requirements!
CPE: 4 CPD Points (as required by AHPRA)
Available as WEBINAR www.chinabookseducation.com.au
This webinar is a MUST for every health professional! Ann has included up-to-the-minute cases handed down by AHPRA regarding practitioners.
Please call CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY on 02 9280 1885, to register.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Professional Ethics and Personal Ethics – what are the standards you need to adhere to both professionally and personally.
- Your responsibilities as a registered practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- How to comply with the new Codes of Practice, Acts and Regulations.
- Patient Records – new requirements.
- Your Duty of Care
- What is Negligence in Chinese Medicine
- Professional Responsibility as a practitioner
- A patient's Consent to Treatment
- Professional Misconduct
- A review of cases involving Chinese Medicine practitioners in Australia to date – what offences have been prosecuted, what were the circumstances involved, what the outcomes were and what lessons can be learned from these cases.
- The role of the Expert Witness.
- What do you do if you are required to attend a hearing – as a defendant or a witness.
This is a excellent opportunity to bring yourself up to speed with what is legally required of you as Registered Health Professional.
WEBINAR: just log on to www.ChinaBooksEducation.com.au, buy online, sit back with a cup of (chinese) tea (or a glass of wine) and watch (how very civilised)!
CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY is delighted to announce that we now have a number of excellent seminars on line ready for you to watch!
Our new webinar site, (www.chinabookseducation.com.au), has a great range of high quality seminars for you to choose from. This is a fantastic service for those of you in remote areas who find the cost of travelling, coupled with the loss of earnings whilst clinic is unattended, too much.
This is also a very convenient service for those of you too busy to take time out of your clinic to attend seminars to obtain your CPE points. 20 CPE points now required by AHPRA for registration. And of course the best reason of all is that the seminars we bring you are absolutely fabulous! Priceless, clinically relevant, information from experts in their fields who impart wisdom and knowledge gained not only from research and study but, more importantly, from clinical experience.
The following seminars are now available:
- TCM Treatment of the IVF Patient, by Jane Lyttleton, 6 CPE points
- Treating the Common Cold & Flu Based on Qin Bo-Wei, Jason Blalack, 6 CPE points
- Chinese Scalp Acupuncture, JasonHao, 13 CPE points
- Advanced Acupuncture, Daniel Deng, 14 points
- Ethics and Law in the Health Profession, Ann Adams, 4 points
- Constructing an Acupuncture Treatment for Musculoskeletal Pain, David Legge, 6.5 points
- Ear Acupuncture, Chantall Vuliez, 6.5 CPE points
- HunYuan Medicine, Yaron Seidman, 18 CPE points
- A Contempoary Approach to Female Infertility, Peter Kington, 6.5 CPE points
- Analysing the Jing: A Contempoary Approach to male Infertility, Peter Kington, 6.5 CPE points
- Maximising the Efficay of Granulkes, Eric Brand, 6.5 CPE points
- Farm to Pharmacy, Eric Brand, 6.5 CPE points
- Womens' Pathology and Physiology, Elisabeth Rochat de la Valle, 13 CPE points
- Chinese Herbal Medicine and IVF Support, Kathryn Taylor, 6.5 CPE points
- Lingering Pathogens, with Will Maclean, 13 CPE points
To register for any of these webinars all you need to do is email or call us at CHINA BOOKS SYDNEY (02 9280 1885) and, once payment is made, we give you access to the seminar of your choice and you have one month to view. We supply you with a CPE Certificate once we verify, by a means of a questionaire, that you have indeed watched the seminar.
It's easy, convenient and a source of expert information that's clinically relevant!
Contact us on 02 9280 1885 for further details and registrations.
Energy medicine is at the forefront of creating a whole new world of options and outcomes. Our workshops and courses explore and teach this new paradigm of health and wellbeing, creating new opportunities for “healing the whole person”.
No matter what your area of expertise, you find the Australian Bush Flower Essences exceptionally useful in your practice, enhancing your knowledge base, complementing your existing modality, and improving your client outcomes.
The following workshops and courses are Accredited with ANTA for CPE purposes.
- Level 1 DVD - clickable link to http://ausflowers.com.au/Other/Level-1-Workshop-DVDs-PAL - 15 points
- Correspondence course - clickable link to http://ausflowers.com.au/Products/Correspondence-Course - 50 points
More Information and Details » (PDF 52kb)
How to get your Webinar on this list?
Have a Webinar you would like to add to the list, Contact ANTA for more information.
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 29 No. 1 | Mar 2014
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.