The NHMRC has released a Guide in an attempt to assist GP's to discuss Complementary Medicine (CM) with their patients.
ANTA strongly believes in evidence based natural medicine practice in Australia.
Android smart phone and tablet version of the Free - Natural Therapies App developed by ANTA is now available
ANTA is pleased to extend the reach Natural Therapies App with the announcement of the launch of Android version to complement the iphone version.
What's new at ANTA
The App takes access to the natural therapy profession to another level and brings the public and users based on their location into direct contact with ANTA members. The App also delivers a range of other exciting features including:
- Natural Therapist Directory
- Search for a Natural Therapist by modality, name, address, post code plus more......
- Profiles of ANTA Natural Therapists
- Make bookings for consultations
- Directions to clinic
- Information about Natural Therapies
- Includes Acupuncture, Naturopathy, Massage, Musculoskeletal Therapy, Myotherapy, Nutrition, Western Herbal Medicine, Homoeopathy, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Aromatherapy, Shiatsu, Oriental Massage, Ayurveda
The world's leading happiness event is celebrating its 9th year! And to mark the occasion they're including some new, interactive and fun elements - a drinks party, HAPFEST powered by Pecha Kucha, the Young Minds forum, an ethics debate, more live performers plus lots of other goodies!
SIX INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTES:
- Professor Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, USA, one of the greatest psychologists of our time, pioneering researcher into optimal experience or ‘flow’ on a rare visit to Australia!
- Matthieu Ricard, Nepal, inspiring humanitarian monk and best-selling author Happiness:
A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill.
- Dr Jane Goodall, DBE, UK, legendary primatologist, environmentalist and UN Messenger of Peace.
- Professor Jean Twenge, USA, psychologist and leading researcher into narcissism and youth mental health.
- Professor Roy Baumeister, USA, respected social psychologist exploring self-control,
self-regulation, meaning and happiness.
- Professor Felicia A. Huppert, UK, international expert in wellbeing and author of The Science of Wellbeing ... AND 25+ AMAZING LOCAL MINDS TOO!
The recipients of ANTA National Student Bursary Awards 2013 of $1,000 each are:
- Carrie-Ann Ross - WA
- Sascha Beck - WA
- Gina Gumbley - QLD
- Nicole Hannan - QLD
- Riane Harrich - QLD
- Vicky Melis - VIC
- Matthew Boyle - VIC
- Josephine Cabrall - VIC
- Sam Cartwright - VIC
- Swan-Lynn Tan - NSW
The following students also lodged high quality bursary submissions and have been awarded complimentary ANTA Membership:
- Catherine Brooking - WA
- Nikki Milne - WA
- Perri Jewell - QLD
- Gabrielle Beaumont - QLD
- Shannon Gibson - VIC
- Christine Simons - VIC
- Kylie Snell - VIC
- Adrian Stone - VIC
- Paul Middleton - NSW
- Rebecca Walton - NSW
- Amanda Reimann - NSW
ANTA congratulates the above students and would also like to thanks all the students who lodged bursary submissions in 2013. ANTA has now awarded more than $80,000 in ANTA National Student Bursary Awards. A further 10 National Students Bursary Awards of $1,000 will again be provided to students in 2014.
- Building (Geo)Biology: Start addressing the environmental health burden now
- Anatomy Trains® Dynamic Education for Body-Minded Professionals - Anatomy Trains Australia Tour 2014
- The Double Aspect of the Heart
- Long Road: An Acupuncture Travelogue Volumes 1 & 2
- Hunyuan Xinfa: The Lost Heart of Medicine
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 29 No. 1 | Mar 2014
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.