This is the first in a series of bulletins to provide information on a project being undertaken on behalf of state, territory and commonwealth health ministers under the auspices of the Australian Health Ministers’ Advisory Council (AHMAC).
The world's leading happiness event is celebrating its 9th year!
5 big ticket items to get more clients. 1 hour work shop + 5 tips to improve your website = More clients
What's new at ANTA
The world's leading happiness event is celebrating its 9th year! And to mark the occasion they're including some new, interactive and fun elements - a drinks party, HAPFEST powered by Pecha Kucha, the Young Minds forum, an ethics debate, more live performers plus lots of other goodies!
SIX INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTES:
- Professor Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, USA, one of the greatest psychologists of our time, pioneering researcher into optimal experience or ‘flow’ on a rare visit to Australia!
- Matthieu Ricard, Nepal, inspiring humanitarian monk and best-selling author Happiness:
A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill.
- Dr Jane Goodall, DBE, UK, legendary primatologist, environmentalist and UN Messenger of Peace.
- Professor Jean Twenge, USA, psychologist and leading researcher into narcissism and youth mental health.
- Professor Roy Baumeister, USA, respected social psychologist exploring self-control,
self-regulation, meaning and happiness.
- Professor Felicia A. Huppert, UK, international expert in wellbeing and author of The Science of Wellbeing ... AND 25+ AMAZING LOCAL MINDS TOO!
- SPOTSWOOD - Room for rent available for a naturopath, nutritionist, dietition, herbalist, nutritional medicine practitioner, homepath, holistic GP, Kinesiologist, Reiki master and/or counsellor to join our team.
- Room for rent in Hampstead Gardens SA.
- ROOM FOR RENT: Room available to lease in busy chiropractic office in beautiful Runaway Bay.
- Remedial Massage Therapist / MST - Brisbane
- Massage therapist required for Sydney CBD Clinic working with Osteopath and other Health practitioners.
- Naturopathic Associate Needed in 2014 in Bendigo, Victoria.
- Electric lift massage table. VGC, $1600.
For information download the Melbourne Seminar flyer here.
Topics and Presenters:
- The Stress Epidemic: Understanding the Effects of Stress on Long-term health - Berris Burgoyne
There is little doubt that stress is one of the most significant factors associated with an increase in chronic diseases in modern, urbanised, Westernised societies. As well as having a direct influence on many diseases, it is the major underlying cause for many unhealthy lifestyle choices such as cigarette smoking, excessive alcohol intake, over-eating and lack of exercise. In this lecture Berris will share her extensive clinical experience, spanning more than 20 years, in working with patients suffering from stress and the myriad of symptoms and problems it can cause.
- Nutrigenomics: Concepts & Applications for Clinical Practice - Daniel Roytas
- Mineral Deficiencies and the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Pain - Jim Olds
- Achieving Healthy Motherhood with Chinese Herbal Medicine -
There are an increasing number of studies from China and Western countries that demonstrate the superior efficacy of TCM herbal treatments. This presentation examines the factors that affect fertility in females as well as males, outlining the TCM approach to the diagnosis and treatment of common problems in the area. The relevant TCM concepts are explained with a minimum of jargon, and clinical protocols using available prepared Chinese herbal medicines are provided.
- Engaging Vitality: A Palpation Workshop for Effectively Working with Qi in the Clinic
- Clinical Applications of the CLASSICAL Formulas and the Treatment of CANCER with Classical formulas
- The Double Aspect of the Heart
- Long Road: An Acupuncture Travelogue Volumes 1 & 2
- Hunyuan Xinfa: The Lost Heart of Medicine
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 28 No. 2 | Jul, 2013
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.